Tuesday, June 10, 2008

How to make Booze part 1

Alright friends, its time for me to teach all of you how to make kick ass booze..
My Recipe is for Limoncello, a traditionally homemade liqueur in Italy.. Having made the normal recipe numerous times I have been changing it around a bit and trying different citrus'. The recipe following is made with limes, but lemons and oranges rock too..
-What You Will Need- (listed here is just what you need for the first step)
1. 25 or so limes, organic if you want, most of mine are but its not too important.
2. Two 750-milliliter bottles of pure grain alcohol. I use Everclear which is 151 proof if you buy it in California, the best Everclear comes from Oregon and is 192 proof, if you can get it. And, Yes I believe the 192 Proof batch I made was better.
3. a good vegetable peeler. The one in the picture rocks and is cheap as shit.
4. a medium sized glass container, I am not sure exactly how big it is, I have bought different sizes over the years from Cost Plus and also the Container Store.
Step One
Wash all of your limes and your container. Next peel all of your limes, all you want is the peel, not the pith, and stuff all the peels in your container. Add your 2 bottles of Everclear and make sure the peels are all covered.
Place your Jar in a cool dark place and shake once a day for 2 weeks..

1 comment:

melissa said...

mmm... cost plus and the container store..
two of my most favoritest places on earth.